Sunday, August 28, 2005

Popcorn in China

Michael's comments to follow:

I bought two sachets of microwave popcorn on Saturday and popped one of them Saturday night. It had no oil or butter in it, which surprised me (in a pleasant way; I wasn't in the mood for greasy), but the popcorn was dotted with caramelized sugar. How odd, I thought. The resulting taste was a bit like caramel corn, but much much lighter. It was okay, but I prefer salty popcorn, I think. Anyhow, I got out my dictionary and looked up the characters on the sachet and it turns out it was strawberry flavored. As far as I could tell, nothing about the popcorn tasted remotely strawberry-ish, but my brain doesn't work as well as it ought to, due to the jetlag.


Cara's thoughts:
And here I thought getting use to the meat dishes would take some effort.

No comments: