Sunday, July 02, 2006

Leaving Your Mark

From Cara's keyboard:
As you might imagine, there is a fair bit of wet cement at a construction site. The other day while I was watching a crew pour in some fresh cement I asked the fellow standing next to me when the construction workers write their name in the stuff. It was clearly a joke given the officialness of the final building. Or at least I thought it was a joke...

The next day, as I walked onto the site, I had at least 3 people ask me various questions that in one way or another all related to having my name in some concrete. uh...

As I quickly learned, on that one particular slab of concrete my name is carved in THREE FOOT TALL letters. Its a little shocking and rather large and quite noticeable.

The good news is that it will eventually be covered up with dirt, ne'er to be seen again. The bad news is that it will be at least a month before that protective layer of dirt is added. Until then I enjoy the dubious pleasure of meeting new members of the team, having them read my name off my hardhat, and hearing them say, "Oh! So you're Cara!"

I had thought it would have taken me at least a month to reach this level of notoriety.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where's the picture - that's a Kodak moment!

Anonymous said...

Uhhh, yeah! Photo!!!

Anonymous said...

I wonder what the archeologists will make of that in a thousand years. :)

Anonymous said...

that's too funny. you rockstar.