Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Baby and Travel Update

I've been back in Beijing for almost a week now and my sleep patterns have pretty much resettled. The only thing that is still making sleeping rough is the cold I managed to pick up on the flight home - though to be fair, I may have actually picked it up in the snow-covered freezing plains of Winnipeg and it was just exacerbated by the 15 hours of flying. Either way - its good to have all 2 and half members of our family together again!

And speaking of a half - I have reached the half way point! It was really exciting when on my first morning home, Michael was able to see the baby move. Today Michael listened to the baby's heartbeat just by putting his ear against the belly. (I had to be very very quite.) How exciting!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

bad cold bad bad cold, keeping our Cara from posting belly pictures,,, tell the little one his adoring fans await.
(using "he" as a default, not a prognostication)

Anonymous said...

And we all know how hard it is for Cara to be "very very quiet" when she gets excited!

Yeah heart beating, moving, SJ baby!

Anonymous said...

It must have been freaky feeling the baby move for the first time :p I'm so glad I found the blog to keep up with what's happening with you.

Anonymous said...

Alright...I can't let this softball pass...

LB said...

And we all know how hard it is for Cara to be "very very quiet" when she gets excited!


ahem...

Are you ready?

Hey now...

Unknown said...

Since I've not visited in a while, allow me to offer a belated "Congratulations!"

Also, allow me to say that the word "ShamrockJewBaby" is the most orally pleasing term I've spoken in quite some time. My tongue, it is pleased.

Anonymous said...

"Jason..." she says shaking her head; not so much in disbelief but wondering why he had to take US there with him.