Friday, June 08, 2007

Getting some exercise (Part 2)

Full of hope and anticipation at such a easy resolution to the pass issue I headed to the front desk and YES, they did have a letter for me to give to the hotel fitness center saying that I, Debbie Smith, should be given a membership pass.

For you astute readers, you have probably already picked up on the one small problem. Actually, I don't remember what name the letter contained except that it could have been American and definitely wasn't mine. (I checked 3 times just in case.) That led to another interesting discussion which eventually resolved itself with me needing to bring down our passports for the front desk to copy and then they could issue new letters for our family pass.

I decided that it could wait another day.

But a very nice front desk man called up to the apartment that afternoon and asked for the spelling of my name. Although he never mentioned passports, once again hope loomed large as I suspected he was probably calling about the fitness center pass. But why only my name since I was getting a family pass for both Michael and myself? Well, probably because Michael’s name is the one on the apartment, so the only one they were unsure of was mine.

The next day we once again received a notice that there was something for us at the front desk. Excited, but a little leery, I collected our second letter that did indeed entitle me (the real me this time) to a single person fitness center membership pass. No family pass? No Michael? Well, you can’t have everything.

I took my letter and a photo of myself over to the fitness center whose location I was well acquainted with due to my earlier adventuring and shockingly – everything went smoothly. They let me in and showed me around the very posh surroundings which actually do look just like the pictures. I then did about 20 minutes of laps in a pool all to myself! Some days it is kind of fun to not have to go to work.

After swimming I soaked my feet in the hot tub for 20 minutes (the Chinese foot masseurs have told me that is good for me) which I also had to myself.

I think that place will do just fine. Now, if we can just figure out how to get a family pass….

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Phew! Sounds like you got your exercise just walking across the street and back to straighten everything out.

CHINA!