Thursday, October 11, 2007

Is she old enough to be washed?

There is a Chinese custom that new babies and mothers should not bathe the first 30 days after the baby is born. The Chinese women I know have all brought up this custom when we talk about how young Tovina was the first time I took her out of the house. (Another forbidden item.) However, when asked, they have also all admitted that they did not follow that particular bathing custom. They do point out how it was probably much less healthy to bathe a generation ago when the house was not well heated the water supply less controlled.

While it is not her favorite activity, we have been bathing Tovina. Here she is sporting her freshly toweled look.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, this picture is worth printing. Plus, people keep asking why I do not carry around pictures. One friend even gave me a little album.

Now, how do I get a picture printed?

css