Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Ike's visit

When Hurricane Ike came through North America almost a month ago, he decided to stop by our house for a bit of a visit. Here is the root system of one of our trees in which Ike took a special interest.
This is where we use to have trees. Its hard to really appreciate the number of poor little snapped trees that the big bully tree knocked down.
This is why we are thankful that it fell away from the house. Yup, that's pretty close.
To make the story more interesting, all of this happened while Tovina, Michael, and myself were out of town and Sheila was here all by herself. Did I mention that the house lost power during the storm and a tree fell over the lane to our house? Fun times!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, in all fairness, the root systems of trees are terribly interesting things.

Jason said...

Oh my word, I think I see a ghost! You need more sun, woman! And a chainsaw. A big chainsaw. That tree looks like fun :)

ShamrockJews said...

I'm just getting my ghost costume ready for Halloween. It takes weeks to get this pale!
As for the chainsaw - its on back order but we should be becoming a danger to ourselves and others in just a few weeks.