Thursday, December 22, 2005

Beautiful People

From Cara's keyboard:
I have been helping with a group called American Education and Health Foundation for 10 days now. (10 days?!?! That's it? Wow they are getting a lot done in 10 days!) I wrote some about this before. Mostly I am updating an excel database for them. Excel happens to be one of my strengths so this is working pretty well.

Here is the really amazing thing - working with this group completely reaffirms my faith in humans. People from all over the world are donating money and their own time to help out this little boy after his story was printed in a few papers. The letters they are writing with their donations are so warming and caring. It is just amazing. I feel very lucky to get to help out even with the little bit that I am doing. And many of the people who are writing in understand that there are a lot more children who need their help and now that they know about AmEdu people are willing to help some of the other children also.

This is a pretty great planet we live on.

No comments: